42. Slipping, tripping, cutting, drowning and falling hazards.- (1) All passageways, platforms and other places of construction work at the building or other construction work shall be kept by the employer free from accumulations of dust, debris or similar material and from other obstructions that may cause tripping.
(2) Any sharp projections or protruding nails or similar projections which may cause any cutting hazard to a building worker at the building or other construction work shall be removed or otherwise made safe by taking suitable measures by the employer.
(3) No employer shall allow any building worker at construction work to use the passageway, or a scaffold, platform or any other elevated working surface which is in a slippery and dangerous condition and shall ensure that water, grease, oil or other similar substances which may cause the surface slippery, be removed or sanded, saw dusted or covered with suitable material to make it safe from slipping hazard at a construction work.
(4) Wherever building workers at a building or other construction work are exposed to the hazard of falling into water, they shall be provided by the employer with adequate equipment for saving themselves from drowning and rescuing from such hazard and if the Chief Inspector of Inspections of Building and Construction, Delhi, considers necessary, well-equipped boat or launch manned with trained personnel shall be provided by the employer at the site of such work.
(5) Every open side or opening into or through which a building worker, vehicle or lifting appliance or other equipments may fall at a building or other construction work shall be covered or guarded suitably by the employer to prevent such fall except where free access is necessary by reasons of the nature of the work.
(6) Wherever building workers at a building or other construction work are exposed to the hazards of falling from height while employed on such work, they shall be provided by the employer with adequate equipment or means for saving them from such hazards. Such equipment or means shall be in accordance with the national standards.
(7) Whenever there is a possibility of falling of any material, equipment or building worker at a construction site relating to a building or other construction work, adequate and suitable safety net shall be provided by employer in accordance with the national standards.