13. Application for permission.- (1) Every person or body (including a department of government) desiring to obtain the permission referred to in section 12 shall make an application in writing to the Authority in such form and containing such particulars in respect of the development to which the application relates as may be prescribed by regulations.
(2) Every application under sub-section (1) shall be accompanied by such fees as may be prescribed by rules:
PROVIDED that no such fee shall be necessary in the case of an application made by a department of the government.
(3) On the receipt of an application for permission, under subsection (1), the Authority after making such inquiry as it considers necessary in relation to any matter specified in clause (d) of sub-section (2) of section 8 or in relation to any other matter, shall, by order in writing, either grant the permission, subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the order or refuse to grant such permission:
PROVIDED that before making an order refusing such permission, the applicant shall be given a reasonable opportunity to show cause why the permission should not be refused.
(4) Where permission is refused, the grounds of such refusal shall be recorded in writing and communicated to the applicant in the manner prescribed by regulations.
(5) The Authority shall keep in such form as may be prescribed by regulations a register of applications for permission under this section.
(6) The said register shall contain such particulars including information as to the manner in which applications for permission have been dealt with as may be prescribed by regulations and shall be available for inspection by any member of the public at all reasonable hours on payment of such fee not exceeding rupees five as may be prescribed by regulations.
(7) Where permission is refused under this section, the applicant or any person claiming through him shall not be entitled to get refund of the fee paid on the application for permission but the Authority may, on an application for refund being made within three months of the communication of the grounds of the refusal under sub-section (4) direct refund of such portion of the fee as to it may seem proper in the circumstances of the case.